Last week fund partner Audrius Milukas had the honor to speak about unicorn trends at the Lithuania Economic Conference 2021.
Key conclusions from the presentation:
- There are 692 unicorns in the World. Top regions: 1. USA - 53%; 2. China - 20%; 3. Europe - 14%.
- During the pandemic, the unicorn births exploded - almost 300 (!) joined the herd.
- Top industries with the most unicorns remain 1. Fintech - 119; 2. Software - 109; 3. E-Commerce - 82.
- Health, Cybersecurity, Data management, and AI could be identified as breakthrough fields.
- Lithuania has at least 50 fast-growing startups that aim to become unicorns in a 3-5 years period.
Tech and startups are thriving both in Lithuania and Worldwide. Let's continue to support our rising stars and early-stage tech companies!